Sunday 19 January 2014

My before photos.

A few days before my procedure I had some pictures taken, to show you what my hair was like before. Usually I kept it short, and in the last two years had been using Caboki almost everytime I went outside. These days though, I wasn't wearing any concealer and also I hadn't had a hair cut for about 6 weeks.


The main problem areas for me are the crown, the temples and the frontal hair line where I'm missing a big chunk right in the middle. It's very annoying! I can use a lot of concealear to mask most of it, but after a lot of research (including a trip to Istanbul to meet a few surgeons) I decided to go for it in January. 





when I first started looking at a HT, I imagined I would need around 1500 grafts. But after sending my photos to a number of clinics, they told me that the problem was probably more serious than I thought. Judging by what other people have written online, it's fairly normal to assume that you need fewer grafts than you do - I suppose I was in denial about my hair loss. 


Side view. I have been told that my donor area is 'average'. I would describe my hair-loss as a NW6, with the potential to be NW7. Obviously I haven't lost all the hair on the top of my head yet, and I am taking Finasteride to minimise the risk of that, but I do expect to in the future. 









1 comment: