Sunday 26 January 2014

Day 12 : Staples are out!

Initially the surgeon had said it was ok to take out the staples after 10 days, but it turns out that's if the clinic does it. Because I'm now back home, I have to go to the local nurse. I wanted to go private so as not to burden the NHS with my cosmetic/non-essential treatment. But having phoned round several places, none was very helpful nor close by. In the end I just went to my local NHS GP practice and it was done in about 20 minutes. A good thing, because I was flying off the same day.

I thought there had been about 15 staples. The nurse told me it was more like 50!

What does it feel like to have staples removed from your head?

It does sting a bit when they take the staples out, but it's a short, sharp pain. Just have to grit your teeth and think of how much better it'll be without those staples. Some of the tightness in the scalps is relieved when the staples are removed, too. Unfortunately it's still a bit sore when I apply pressure to that area (for example when my head rests on the pillow), but still better than having staples.

A tiny bit of bleeding, but not much. There was quite a lot of scabbing that I couldn't clean off before from where the staples were. However, these are easily removed in the shower. The staples left small marks, but invisible after a day or two.


Here they are! 

1 comment:

  1. Great information provided. I appreciate your work. I like the way you write. Awesome, keep it up.

    Hair Transplant cost in Mumbai

    ReplyDelete